Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Week 23 - I did it!

Hey hey hey! This is great - I really didn't think I'd finish!

Here are my thoughts:

1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
Learning how to blog has been great. I also liked seeing what other libraries are doing. Here is the weird thing. I use Yahoo and Google, right? Those now seem very two-dimensional. Web 2.0 is 3 dimensional. But here is what is still getting me - i think i saw somewhere, or else heard from Abrams, that there are over 200 web 2.0 sites! zowey! So, how do i get there from here? e.g., why doesn't Yahoo or Google have a 'web 2.0' section where they list all this stuff? or, maybe they do, and i am a luddite and just missed the boat!

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? Not to sound cliche, but it really did change the way I see things. I am glad I was forced to trudge through this stuff. It showed me how much is missing, how much I don't know, how much we need to change.... I need the nudge!

3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
It re-inspired me to change some of the ways we look at services. Do we need to redefine some of our core services to incorporate 2.0? I think yes.... but how to we get there from here?


4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you all kept offering workshops. I didn't attend the first few, but really needed it at the end. It was such a help - it was like having a cheering section....

One small thing i'd do - double check the links in the tutorials. I got discouraged somewhere around lesson 3 because the links weren't working right.


5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you choose to participate? Yes.

2 comments:

finatic14 said...

yay, you're almost done! Go Miss Pippi! Your blog looks good!

Virtual Services Team said...

Great Job on your blog. Were you able to complete thing #17? It involves adding an entry to the Learning 2.0 Sandbox wiki. If you did this please blog about it so we can give you credit. Thanks!