Friday, March 23, 2007

Look Ma - I know wiki!

One day recently my son asked me something about Antartica. We talked for a bit, and then I said "what maide you think of that?" He said "I was bored, so I started clicking around Wikipedia."

I looked @ the library catalogs. This is what I think:
a. it's cool that libraries are using this to create content
b. i thought it was kinda weird that on one of those pages, only librarians could add/change/delete content, but yet that showed to the public (you'd think there'd be a way to hide that if the public can't comment/ edit - isn't that the point?)
c. we have more work to do......

1 comment:

Virtual Services Team said...

Wow -- you are really going forth on this. Debbie Faires of the SJSU library school gave an interesting talk on many of our topics -- it should be video-streamed to the SLIS website. It may answer some of the questions you have posed.
Sue - Virtual Services Team